JCU COVID-19 Webinar Series Ep 6 - COVID-19: Ask the Experts
From Gary Smith on May 21st, 2020
We’ll examine a range of topics and revisit unanswered questions from the series, including RNA viruses for Dummies, Exit Strategies and Mental Health during COVID-19.
Our experts will take questions in advance and live on the night covering off a range of topics including:
• The presentation and management of severe COVID respiratory disease and the value of pulse oximeters as part of the home first aid kit;
• The non -respiratory manifestations and prognostic markers of COVID-19;
• The management of pregnant patients and neonates amid COVID-19;
• Antibody testing and vaccine development;
• Mental health impacts of the pandemic; and
• The looming economic recession
Featured panelists: Professor John McBride, Infectious Diseases Physician and Clinical Microbiologist, Cairns Hospital and Professor in Medicine, James Cook University. Professor Brett McDermott, Professor in Psychiatry, JCU College of Medicine and Dentistry, Beyondblue spokesperson for disaster mental health. Dr Robert Norton, Director of Microbiology at Townsville University Hospital. Dr Diana Rojas Alvarez, lecturer of Communicable Disease Control in the Division of Tropical Health and Medicine, James Cook University and a member of the World Health Organization Collaborating Centre for Vector-borne and Neglected Tropical Diseases at James Cook University. Dr David Watson, Director of Maternal Foetal Medicine, Townsville University Hospital and Adjunct Senior Lecturer, JCU College of Medicine and Dentistry
For more information on the series and to register for future episodes visit www.jcu.edu.au/webinars
Find out more about JCU: https://www.jcu.edu.au/
Follow us on social media to keep up to date on the latest news, events, student experiences and research discoveries.